Monday, December 4, 2017

A Mysterious Morning Walk


 Good morning all.   It's Winston and I'm wearing my grouchy face.   I have been told that my feline breath is a tiny bit   *stinky*!   I'm so embarassed!
 I tried to help Emily with a little grooming and she said , "Eww, no!"   Honestly, what feline do you know that has minty fresh breath!
Mom worked Saturday and had Sunday off.   It was very foggy on Sunday.  So Mom grabbed her camera and went for a walk in the park.

 She said it was eerie.   Everything was shrouded in secrets.  Even the sound was muffled.   All she could hear was the occasional drop of water falling from the branches.  Sometimes a tiny bird chirping.
 Then the sun started to break through the mist.   A soft, gold glow suffused the air
 A small grove of trees...
 Mom said she heard a tiny, metallic chip and saw this inquisitive female cardinal!  Mom loves cardinals.
 Hi everyone!   It's true that I made Winston grumpy.  Mom says that perhaps when he gets his dental cleaning in the new year things might improve!
 Here is a selfie of Mom! Haha!  Tiny little Moms in the Christmas decorations.
 When Mom's walk was over she stopped at a cafe for a gingerbread latte.  She never had one before and she said it tasted lovely.
Are your humans starting to watch Christmas movies yet?  Mom says one of her new favorites is "The Nine Lives of Christmas" produced by the Hallmark Channel.  We are curious to hear what your favorite seasonal show might be

We are closing with our weekly encouraging Pinterest quote!
Purrs,
Winston (whose breathe isn't really that bad) and Emily
PS-Thanks to those who took the time to answer Mom's quick question yesterday!  She appreciates it!

15 comments:

  1. Poor baby Winston! Please tell your mom that she takes lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! You think Emily would take my feelings into consideration!
      Mom says "thank you". The park was lovely and mysterious (and a teensy bit spooky!)

      Delete
  2. Caspurr also has the stinky breath problem.

    (Oh, Trixie,I do NOT!)

    You do so.
    Anyway, as I was about to say - Mummy tried a breath-freshening tooth gel on him, which he loved to lick, but to no avail.
    Shimshi wants to add something. Go ahead, Shimshi.

    Ok. I just wanted to say your pictures are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, guys!
      I am glad to hear that I'm not the only feline with stinky goodness breath.
      Purrs to you all.
      Winston

      Delete
  3. Aww.. yeah, feline breath tends to be that way. Good luck with the dental.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Whiskeratti,
      See, Emily, I'm not the only one! Mom has to save up for my dental. Thankfully, the vet said it wasn't urgent as long as it was done sometime next year.My fangs will be even more fearsome then.
      Purrs,
      Winston

      Delete
  4. Your mom had a magical walk! We didn't have the fog yesterday, but it was a bit foggy this morning when I was heading for the bus. Fog makes for great photo ops!

    Tell your mom that my new favourite tea latté is a Halifax Fog: English breakfast tea, with the milk of course, and maple syrup. Yum! Beats the London Fogs I was ordered from a local shop (not Starbucks).

    Nicki and Derry send head butts to all, and purrs for a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit, Kea. Nicki and Derry, we appreciate those head butts!
      I've never heard of a Halifax Fox. Now I'm intrigued :)
      Hope you have a lovely rest of the week!

      Delete
  5. Very nice photos. You are such sweet kitties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! We try to be especially "sweet" just before Christmas.

      Delete
  6. Your mom bean is quite the photographer! Those are lovely photos of the park.

    Based on your description, Emily, we're glad the photo of Winston isn't a scratch and sniff. :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos. Poor Winston. Hope you all have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your photos are gorgeous! I would love to visit where your Mom lives, it seems so quaint, I think she must live in a beautiful area. Kisses to Winston! and of course Emily! xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely photos! That eerie morning walk ended up with some beautiful imagery! (and we're so glad you love one of our Hallmark movies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love your photos! And Winston, we hope your dental goes well.

    ReplyDelete