Monday, October 23, 2017

Decorate Your Own Soul

 Good morning.  I hope everyone had a good week.   Winston and Emily say "hello"  =)
The weather is still warm for the end of October but is cooler at night.  The leaves are still turning.

 I try to get to park whenever I can.  The walks there soothe me.   I prefer early morning when the world still feels new.   I love it when the sun starts peeping over the horizon and the soft, gold light bathes the tips of the trees in a glow.
 My "foster" Mom loved Charlie Brown.  I still like seeing his comics.   This partcualr one hits close to home!   I'm guessing it holds an appeal for a lot of people.
 I may have posted this photo before but Emily's expression makes me smile.   Such a tiny character!
 This is a seagull flying near the park.  I liked the way the sunlight lit his wings.
 Mist on the lake.
 I bought my first ever macaron.  I took it home and put it on a pretty china plate.   It was expensive, $2.00, so I thought it best to appreciate it before eating it.   This is salted caramel flavour.


The past week was filled with changes and difficult things.   Trying to concentrate on the good things seems hard when the hard things come in unrelenting waves.
Look at the Winston.   Just enjoying his box and mouse.  What a happy boy (I think he also looks a bit smug!)
I'm fairly certain that once I get a few nights of sleep that things will look better.   In the meantime, walks in the park, fuzzy felines and a concentrated effort to try and count my blessings are in order!
Winston and Emily send purrs.  Have a great week everyone!


18 comments:

  1. Here's hoping that more sunshine pours into your life to brighten things up for you, and of course Winston and Emily do their share too! Love the mist on the water photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by. Winston and Emily are amazing. When I cuddle them my heart actually feels lighter.
      Take good care of you.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely understand how you feel about the early mornings and the walks in the park, with the world feeling "new". I don't really have a park to go through on my way to work, unfortunately, in spite of all the green space in the city.

    I, too, loved the Peanuts cartoons and still do. I certainly can relate to Charlie Brown in that one. :-)

    The seagull shot is lovely, the light is amazing in it.

    I'm sorry you're going through a particularly challenging time, and I hope all will be well. The boys are sending you purrs...Give Emily and Winston a smooch from me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit. Boys, I appreciate your purrs!
      I'm very fortunate to have a park within walking distance. On a good day I can get there in about 10 minutes.
      Wishing you a good week.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful photo of Emily! Winston certainly does look smug with n hi s photo.
    I am sorry you are having a hard time now. I agree that mornings are the best time to be out and about. With it being so dark in the early mornings we have changed our walking time until after work. Not my favourite time!
    Take care!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Thanks so much for stopping by. Miss Emily is tiny but she has so much quirk and character you get the feeling that she is much bigger. I guess it's OK for Winston to look smug. He did "catch" that mouse :)
      Do you go on long walks frequently?
      Take good care!

      Delete
    2. Hi Maggie, Chuck and I walk everyday for at least 40 minutes. On non-working days we usually are gone an hour or more.
      Have a good day!

      Delete
  4. Charlie B., we definitely hear ya! And both of you look so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie B is spot on with this cartoon =)
      Winston and Emily appreciate the 'adorable' comment!
      Thanks for visiting and take good care.

      Delete
  5. Just wanted to pop back to let you know I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

    Best,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are sorry you are going through a difficult time. We send you purrs. Can you hear them?

    What beautiful pictures - and Miss Emily and Winston, of course, look so adorably cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello J-Cats,
      Thanks for dropping by! We love the purrs you sent.
      Take good care.

      Delete
  7. We love our walks in the forest and they always help to lift our spirits.We are glad you have a lovely park so close to home that can help to remind you of the beauty found in nature. Winston, our Mama still thinks you are so darn handsome! And Emily, you are a little beauty. Be well, all of you. XO

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello LP! Thanks for the visit. It's true, yes!? Often a walk in the woods or by the shore will lift us up out of our thoughts and soothe us! Winston and Emily blush at the compliments.
      Have a day filled with goodness,
      Maggie, Winston and Emily

      Delete
  8. Emily is a cutie and so is Winston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      Emily and Winston appreciate the visit and the kind comment :)

      Delete
  9. There are many mornings I agree with Charlie Brown, but I guess it's better to count my blessings and be grateful that I can still get out of bed! Purrs that next week is better and your days are filled with sunny walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Indulged Furries,
      Yes, getting up some days is half the battle. It almost always helps to count our blessings.
      Thanks so much for the visit.
      Purrs,
      Winston and Emily
      (and their Mom, Maggie)

      Delete