Monday, March 13, 2017

Cozy cats and more Celebrations


Hello from Winston.  It's early on Monday morning so I thought I would start my day with something nice like saying hello to all of you.  I'm tuckered out, though, because Mom spent more time celebrating this weekend.  For somebody who got a year older she certainly is taking it well!
First off---
here is a spring bouquet of flowers for you.  Mom especially enjoyed the pussy willows!
Like I said earlier the Mom did a bit more celebrating this weekend.  But before the fun stuff...the everyday errands!   We had some very snowy weather on Saturday!   Mom ducked into an alleyway hoping it would be a short cut.   She had gone to the health food store to find some tea, among other things. Mom enjoys her new cell phone camera (new to her-the phone used to belong to her sister).  However, she still has some challenges figuring out the technical stuff.  Sometimes, without her quite knowing how it happened, the camera switches to "selfie-mode"!   She doesn't like it.  However, I'm sharing one of her unintentional selfies here....
Tee hee!   Her shoulder, scarf and hair.   It was very snowy!!  The weather people say that a snow storm is supposed to start rolling in today!

Cozy purrs now from Emily!   Yes, we are expecting a lot of snow!  I know Mom is secretly hoping for  a snow day!   Dream on, Mom!  Anyway, I get to tell you a bit more about Mom's other celebrations.  She met with a bigger group of people on Saturday evening and went to an Italian restaurant!  Mom was so excited that she hadn't had any lunch that day so she was a tiny bit hungry!
Her friend's husband ordered an espresso!   Mom likes coffee but she knows she shouldn't drink it!  She needs to sleep .     Doesn't it look pretty, though? 
 She had a refreshing cup of peppermint tea and white cheesecake!  She said the cheesecake was delicious!
 Mom said upon reflection later that day she has realized how blessed she was to have so many kind people in her life.   She was thankful for all of the wishes, special meals at restaurants and thoughtful gifts.   She received tea, homemade goodies, some pretty teacups, a beautiful journal...to name just a few.  Mom has some very kind friends and family!  (and us felines...don't forget us)
I'm just throwing in this plate from a restaurant where Mom was treated to breakfast.  Mom is twiterpated with plates!

So, I'll close for now.  It's Winston again!  This is me saying "Hi" to mom when she walks through the door.
We wish all of you a lovely week!   Stay warm, stay cozy!   Enjoy a favorite warm beverage and don't forget to cuddle your felines!

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! We're glad everyone is doing well and enjoying themselves. Though with your mom being so "spoiled," we think it's time you guys get your own treats! (BTW, our human is salivating over that cheesecake, and oh, such a pretty plate!)

    Purrs to you all for a great week. We don't want the snow, but are bracing ourselves. If your mom enjoys it, maybe your area could take it all? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn is my favorite season. It's cool enough for for cozy sweaters but not cold enough (or snowy enough) for boots!
      Emily and Winston probably think they need more treats too :) I'll see what I can do for them.

      Delete
  2. "Happy Birthday, Maggie from all at the mouse-house."

    ReplyDelete
  3. the flowers are LOVELY!! So happy Mum had a good time celebrating!!! How does Mum stay slim? I can tell she has a major sweet tooth! xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a tough time of year for a birthday, because we could be warm and springy, or snowy, cold and wintery! Ya know, not many people can use the term 'twitterpated' in a sentence...congratulations! I get that way about cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can count at least 3 or 4 times when I've had to cancel birthday plans because of nasty weather! Thankfully, not this year, though.
      I think I got the term "twitterpated" from Bambi. I've never watched the movie. I'm afraid I'll cry at the sad bits. But I saw clips of Thumper telling Bambi about falling in love. so cute! I have a reputation myself about the cat thing :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like your Mom had a great weekend. Hope you keep nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She did have a very nice weekend. We felines stay cuddly warm.
      Purrs to you.

      Delete
  6. So glad your Mom had an enjoyable weekend and has so many wonderful people in her life. She is blessed! The cheesecake looks delicious, I am sure your Mom enjoyed it. Winston, what a nice way to greet your Mom when she comes through the door. Wishing you, Emily and your Mom a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom bean must be furry special to have all those wonderful beans in her life (and you kitties too). Sounds like the purrfect way to celebrate getting another year older.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cheesecake looks so good. We are supposed to get up to 2 feet of snow tomorrow. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. well technically she only became another day older :)

    That cheesecake looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday, Maggie!!! That cheesecake looks so delicious!!! Hope you're having a great Thursday:)
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete