Sunday, May 17, 2015

Victoria Day weekend

Hello all.  It's Emily.  I've had a good nap and want to tell you what is happening in our feline world.  Mom is off for vacation.  This is good as she can devote more of her time to taking care of my many needs and demands.  However, I do realize that the humans do need the occasional rest and so, since she is on vacation, I allowed her to take a walk to the park.
 This is a tiny park just down the street from where we live.  Mom went there in between doggie visits.  Apparently, the pooches like this park!   Mom was thankful to have a few quiet minutes to sit on this bench and be gently bathed in white petals!   She said this spring snow is very pleasant!
 
It's my turn now!  I'm enjoying the bowl Mom bought for my birthday!  Since the stand is higher than most of the other feeding dishes I don't have to strain nearly as much to get a drink of water!  Emily is right.  We need to let the Mom person out for the occasional breathe of fresh air.  Yesterday she went to the farmer's market for the first time in ages.  She loved seeing all the fresh fruit and produce.   She purchased some tomatoes, bananas, grapes and muffins --all for under $4.00!

 She also saw these beautiful tulips.  She just admired them, though, as she is quite familiar with Winston's unfortunate habit of eating her flowers!   What a silly runt he is sometimes!


 I heard that Oscar!   I can't say I appreciate your commentary on my treat choices!   Mom took this photo of me asking for some treat nibbles-she giggled when she saw my fangs!?  Most people would tremble in fear at my scary chompers but Mom just thinks I'm cute  *sigh*
Speaking of treats...this is Mom's treat for today.   She says with 3 fabulous felines, tea, chocolate and a good book to read that she feels very content!   I would think so...we are pretty fabulous if I do say so myself. 
I will close with one more photo of Mom's walk to yet another park.  She says spring is beautiful....I think this Iris looks like it could be tasty but Mom just shakes her head at me and gives me a temptation treat.  Purrs to all for a great week.  Plus-we wish our Canadian friends a great Victoria Day!



9 comments:

  1. It is spring here too, Emily, Oscar and Winston, but the guy on the noisy box says there might be snow tonight. Mom bean would rather have the pretty petals.

    Have a great long weekend efurrybody!
    Sasha, Sami, & Saku

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mom & Kitties - That bench does look inviting with the pretty petals. It's so nice of you felines to let mom out once in awhile although I'm sure on her return you have a long list of 'to do's' for her. I remember when my Ginny first got a bowl that was elevated and how she began to drink more water because she liked it so much. It was easy on her old shoulders. Glad you like it too, Oscar. Hope you have a nice long weekend. "Happy Spring". Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. We enjoying the Spring, too! That bowl is great ... maybe we should get one of those here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks as though Spring has sprung and the world is gentle again in your neck of the woods. Winston, we trembled when we saw your fangs. Truly! :p Tell your Mama to enjoy her time off. It looks as though she is starting off on the right foot :)

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. We finally have Spring too!
    WE are also happy Mom is home for Victoria day :)
    We like that bowl! We think we should have one.
    Enjoy your extra Mom day.
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so many things to comment on! We looove your new bowl! (and mommy loves your mom's sandals! ;-)
    AND...she sez chocolae and a good book = HEAVEN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our human is glorying in the spring blooms here too, Emily. And Sat/Sun were fabulous, weather-wise. We really like your bowl, maybe we'd drink more water if we had an elevated one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely photos! Hope Mom has a great vacation and happy Victoria Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That kind of snow smells delicious too! I eat flowers and then deposit what I don't want on the floor...then I get a poorly tummy and you know what happens next...BLECH!
    Love Oscar from The REAL Maple Syrup Mob xxxxx

    ReplyDelete